If you believe your values align with ours and you are interested in a posted position, please send your resume to:
P.O. Box 5406
Lancaster, PA 17606-5406
Attn: Human Resources
Or email Human Resources
NURSE NAVIGATOR ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SUMMARY: This position will assist in coordinating the care of individuals who come forward on a voluntary basis seeking the support of the services of ConnectCare3. The Nurse Navigator’s goal is to increase client satisfaction and decrease frustration for the client as well as the physician by providing the necessary education in order for the client to understand their diagnosis, prognosis and treatment plan. Guidance and support are provided with compassion and integrity .The Nurse Navigator strives for excellence, producing quality work, and researching treatment options, consistently striving to exceed clients’ expectations. The
Navigator works along side the Patient Advocate and Research and Data Specialist to implement a plan for the necessary research required to address the needs of each individual client requesting the services of ConnectCare3.Upon completion of the research, the Nurse Navigator is responsible to explain all the options to the client and their family members in clear and concise language, using their assessment skills to determine the level of comprehension for both the client and family members. The Nurse Navigator DOES NOT recommend or advise any plan of care, any physician or any health care facility to a client/family member. The Nurse Navigator may be asked to educate clients, customers, employees about the services of ConnectCare3, develop plans for educational sessions and market ConnectCare3 to internal as well as external customers.
A willingness to assume new responsibilities, being not only highly motivated but self-motivated, paying attention to detail, a willingness to be flexible, demonstrating compassion, clinical expertise, critical thinking and problem solving skills and a total commitment to exceeding client/family expectations will make an individual successful in this position. At all times, the ConnectCare3 Nurse Navigator recognizes that it is a professional honor to be invited to participate in the care of an individual. Providing QUALITY CARE to clients and their family members is the primary responsibility and priority of the Nurse Navigator.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
The duties and responsibilities of the Nurse Navigator can be divided into 4 categories:
- Guide clients throughout their illness.
- Educate the client and family members using simple terminology to assist them in understanding their diagnosis, treatment plan and options.
- Assess the client’s ever changing needs with each communication and adjust the plan of care accordingly and evaluate the progress being made.
- Prepare, when requested, to attend physician appointments with clients and /or prepare questions for clients to take along to physician appointments. Preparation includes, but is not limited to, developing an outline of questions for both the Nurse Navigator and client, defining the role of the Nurse Navigator at the appointment, role playing with the client in order to assist them in asking questions if the Nurse Navigator is not attending the appointment.
- Educate client and family members on the value of seeking a second opinion and assisting them to prepare for that option.
- Work closely with the Patient Advocate and Research and Data Specialist to research the Centers of Excellence, insurance plan documents, the current treatment options and social service agencies.
- Incorporate critical thinking skills, clinical knowledge and problem-solving skills to assist clients and family members to make the MOST informed decision about their health care.
- Determine the need for CC3 Medical Panel involvement and coordinates all communication between the team.
- Educate clients on how to become their own advocates.
- Visit Centers of Excellence throughout the country to establish liaisons to enhance client services.
- Focus on the needs and concerns of not only the client, but their caregivers and support systems, as well. Each day, the client and his/her family are the focus of service. 100% of client calls are returned within 24 hours without exception.
- Display empathy, compassion and acceptance at all times, ever mindful of the challenging road our clients are traveling.
- Provide support when clients, along with family members, are making end of life decisions.
- Strive to foster trust and confidence beginning with the first interaction with the patient and/or family member.
- Display a professional yet compassionate demeanor at all times.
- Assist clients in documenting medical information.
- Inform clients how to seek copies of medical records and the value of maintaining a current medical file at all times.
- Record diagnostic studies, including date/time, location and results in order to avoid costly duplication.
- Provide clients with an overall analysis of their treatment plan.
- Coordinate all medical information when CC3 Medical Panel is requested to intercede.
- Enter all necessary information in the CC3 database and maintain each client file accordingly.
- Provide clients with resourceful websites, support programs for their particular diagnosis.
- Maintain confidentiality of information at ALL times.
- Coordinate all customer education sessions, collaborating with employees within Benecon Municipal Division to reach established goals.
- Responsible for contacting external customers to provide employee education in the MOST convenient way to meet the needs of the employer.
- Consistently represent ConnectCare3 in a professional manner. Business attire is required.
- Promote the services of ConnectCare3 to external and internal customers.
- Strive to raise and maintain awareness of the benefits of ConnectCare3 among our external and internal customers.
- Must be able to drive and operate audio-visual equip.
- Must be able to sit and type utilizing a computer up to 75% of the workday.
- Must be able to lift and carry approx. 20 pounds.
- Current license as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- 5-10 years experience preferred in a wide variety of nursing specialties.
- Experience with patient/family education is preferred.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office, Excel, database systems and Internet is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent nursing assessment skills are required to evaluate and assess each client on a case-by-case basis and establish a plan of care based on the individual needs of each case. Determine when the assessment should be and/or needs to be done face-to-face and plan accordingly.
- Excellent critical and creative thinking skills are required.
- Ability to conduct thorough research of information and exhausting all resources to secure credible information for clients/families.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills are required to provide education that is easily understood.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and empathy to clients and family members. The Nurse Navigator must project confidence at all times to clients and family members, and accept their decisions in a non-judgmental manner.
- Excellent time management skills are required.
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ensure documentation of all interactions with clients and family members is thorough and HIPAA compliant.
- Must posses the insight necessary in order to ask pertinent questions/elicit information to gain an understanding into what has occurred prior to the client seeking support from ConnectCare3 .
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize daily activities and demonstrate flexibility in the job.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities, ability to work independently, willingness to be part of an innovative team and strive to improve the quality of care as a participating team player.
- Organizational skills required.
- Support and demonstrate the ConnectCare3 Core Values to coworkers, clients, families, and customers at all times.